Clinton Truck Accident Attorneys
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Accidents involving tractor-trailer rigs require prompt investigation by an attorney who represents your interests. Otherwise, the evidence you need to prove your case can literally drive out of Tennessee.
At The Cantrell Law Firm, our Clinton truck accident attorneys understand the issues that are involved in truck accident cases. Proving liability in a trucking accident case involves more than reading a police report. It requires an investigation of the driver's background, what happened before the accident, truck maintenance records and other factors. Some records, such as driver logbooks and truck GPS records, can disappear if they are not promptly recovered and preserved.
Our attorneys represent truck accident victims in Clinton, Oak Ridge, Knoxville, and throughout East Tennessee. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Comparative Fault & Truck Accident Cases
Tennessee is a comparative fault state. This means that your recovery in a truck accident case can be reduced by any percentage of liability that is assigned to you. It also means that even if an accident was partially your fault, you can still recover for the percentage of fault that is assigned to the truck driver or trucking company.
Examples of factors that can create liability for the truck driver or trucking company include:
- Driver fatigue: If the truck driver did not take required rest breaks, he or she may be responsible for your damages.
- Truck speeding and unsafe operation: Truck GPS records may be able to tell us how fast the truck was driving and what he or she did in the moments before the crash.
- Improper maintenance: Truck drivers are required to perform checks of brakes, lights and other safety equipment before they take to the road.
- Driving overweight trucks: Overweight trucks are harder to maneuver and take longer to stop than properly loaded vehicles.
- Texting: Truck drivers are professional drivers, yet they still text and drive and should be held liable when they do.
Lawyer Dail Cantrell has obtained multiple verdicts and settlements in excess of $1 million in personal injury and wrongful death cases. He is known beyond Tennessee for his nearly perfect record at trial, a reputation that often brings the defense to the negotiating table.
Tennessee Lawyers for Truck Accident Victims
Call us at (865) 999-0101, or contact us online. Our Clinton truck accident lawyers handle accident cases on a contingency basis. There are no attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you.