Clinton Social Security Disability Lawyers
Fighting for the Compensation You Deserve
If your claim for disability benefits from the Social Security Administration has been denied, you should not give up without a fight. At The Cantrell Law Firm, our Clinton Social Security Disability attorneys have a track record of helping our clients obtain the benefits they deserve upon appeal.
We can help with denied claims, disability benefits, and disability insurance issues. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
SSDI Attorneys in Clinton for Social Security Disability Programs
Depending on your work history, you may be entitled to disability benefits through one of two programs:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSD or SSDI)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
You are eligible for SSD or SSDI if you have enough work credits from past employment. If you do not have enough work credits to qualify for SSD or SSDI, you may qualify for SSI. The claims process is the same for both disability programs.
Understanding the Social Security Disability Claims Process
Applying for disability benefits is usually a three-step process:
- Your initial claim: You fill out an application providing personal and medical information to the Social Security Administration.
- Reconsideration: If your initial claim is denied (and the majority of claims are), you can submit a written request for reconsideration along with additional medical documentation to support your claim. The majority of claims are also denied at the reconsideration stage.
- Disability hearing: If your request is denied, you can request a hearing before an administrative law judge. It is at this stage where an experienced lawyer can help you obtain the benefits you deserve.
You do not need an attorney to help you make your initial claim or file for reconsideration. However, it is important to hire a Clinton Social Security Disability lawyer to represent you at your hearing before an administrative law judge.
Lawyers for Disability Claims
Call us at (865) 999-0101, or contact us online. Our lawyers handle Social Security Disability claims on a contingency fee basis. We take no attorney fees until and unless we help you obtain benefits.