Clinton Bankruptcy Lawyers
Are You Considering Bankruptcy?
If you are considering a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, the attorneys at The Cantrell Law Firm, can provide the answers you need to decide if bankruptcy is the answer to your financial problems. We understand that filing for bankruptcy is an emotional process that is not always easy to swallow. For this reason, we strive to provide a friendly and positive environment so our clients see bankruptcy for what it really is – the first step toward a new financial beginning.
Our Clinton bankruptcy lawyers offer a free initial consultation so you can see if filing for bankruptcy is the right choice for you. Call our office in Clinton at (865) 999-0101 or email us to schedule your appointment.
Answers To Your Bankruptcy-Related Questions
When clients come to us for their initial consultations, most ask the same three questions:
- How much does bankruptcy cost? The filing fee in the Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee is $335. The local rules also allow for the filing fee to be waived or paid in installments if the debtor qualifies.*
- How will bankruptcy affect my credit? Bankruptcy will have a negative short-term impact. However, filing bankruptcy is often the best way to improve your credit score over the long term. After the discharge of your debts through bankruptcy, you cannot file for bankruptcy again for eight years. As a result, you become a viable candidate for a loan.
- Will bankruptcy stop creditor harassment? Once you file a petition for bankruptcy, an "automatic stay" goes into effect. This acts as a restraining order against all creditors and collection agencies. The court can hold a creditor who violates the automatic stay intentionally in contempt, making that creditor or agency liable for damages.
What To Expect From Your Initial Consultation
During an initial consultation, our Clinton bankruptcy lawyers first establish our clients' financial goals by asking the following:
- Do you want to erase all of your debts?
- Are you willing to continue making payments to keep your house or car?
After we understand our clients' goals, we work with them to acquire the information and documentation we need to make their goals into realities. Typically, we begin by asking our clients to complete and return our bankruptcy worksheet. By approaching the gathering of information in this manner, we simplify the process from the very beginning and lay out a clear and concise plan.
The Cantrell Law Firm offers a confidential consultation at no cost so you can decide what the best plan is for your particular situation. Reach out to us online, or call us any time (865) 999-0101.
*Our attorney fees are determined on a case-by-case basis and are in addition to the filing fee referenced herein.