Call Now For a Your Free Consultation(865) 999-0101
“The Cantrell Law Firm has provided a great service for our family. They respond promptly to all questions and emails related to my bankruptcy. We appreciate the excellent help they provided in our time of need.”
- Matthew Langley
“We filed bankruptcy through The Cantrell Law Firm and our experience was what we expected, they handled it in an excellent manner. It was fast and went perfectly. I would recommend their law firm to anyone who needs help, as they are there to help you through it.”
- Ike and Marlene Stepp
“My wife and I found ourselves in a serious financial bind. She had lost her job, and I became disabled, we lost our cars, and couldn't even pay our credit cards or other bills. We contacted The Cantrell Law Firm and spoke to Attorney Lucas Arnold. He explained in detail our rights and options and we chose to file for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. He took a scary situation and made it quick and painless. They stayed in constant contact with us through the whole process. We would highly recommend them.”
- James Powell
If you are considering a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, the attorneys at The Cantrell Law Firm, can provide the answers you need to decide if bankruptcy is the answer to your financial problems. We understand that filing for bankruptcy is an emotional process that is not always easy to swallow. For this reason, we strive to provide a friendly and positive environment so our clients see bankruptcy for what it really is – the first step toward a new financial beginning.
Answers To Your Bankruptcy-Related Questions
When clients come to us for their initial consultations, most ask the same three questions:
• How much does bankruptcy cost? The filing fee in the Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee is $335. The local rules also allow for the filing fee to be waived or paid in installments if the debtor qualifies.*
• How will bankruptcy affect my credit? Bankruptcy will have a negative short-term impact. However, filing bankruptcy is often the best way to improve your credit score over the long term. After the discharge of your debts through bankruptcy, you cannot file for bankruptcy again for eight years. As a result, you become a viable candidate for a loan.
• Will bankruptcy stop creditor harassment? Once you file a petition for bankruptcy, an "automatic stay" goes into effect. This acts as a restraining order against all creditors and collection agencies. The court can hold a creditor who violates the automatic stay intentionally in contempt, making that creditor or agency liable for damages.
What To Expect From Your Initial Consultation
During an initial consultation, our Clinton bankruptcy lawyers first establish our clients' financial goals by asking the following:
• Do you want to erase all of your debts?
• Are you willing to continue making payments to keep your house or car?
After we understand our clients' goals, we work with them to acquire the information and documentation we need to make their goals into realities. Typically, we begin by asking our clients to complete and return our bankruptcy worksheet. By approaching the gathering of information in this manner, we simplify the process from the very beginning and lay out a clear and concise plan.
The Cantrell Law Firm offers a confidential consultation at no cost so you can decide what the best plan is for your particular situation. Reach out to us online, or call us any time (865) 999-0101.
362 South Charles G Seivers Boulevard
Clinton, TN 37716
531 Callahan Dr Ste 101 A
Knoxville, TN 37912
For more information please contact us at (865) 999-0101